- Informatica Musicale (Sound and Music Computing)
- Ph.D. in Information Engineering
- Research line in sound and music computing, info here.
- Algorithms for Sound and Music Computing: teaching material for the course Informatica Musicale (Sound and Music Computing). Chapters are available under the CreativeCommons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licence.
They include code examples for Matlab/Octave.
- Chapter 1 - Fundamentals of digital audio processing (pdf, scripts)
- Chapter 2 - Sound modeling: signal based approaches (pdf, scripts)
- Chapter 3 - Sound modeling: source based approaches (pdf, scripts)
- Chapter 4 - Sound in space (pdf, scripts)
- Chapter 5 - Auditory processing (pdf, scripts)
- Chapter 6 - From audio to content (pdf)
- Chapter 7 - Recognizing and communicating expressive information (pdf)
- Chapter 8 - Music information processing (pdf)
- Chapter 9 - Standards for audio and music representation (pdf)
- Chapter 10 - Multimodal interaction (pdf)
- Chapter 11 - Musical cultural heritage: from preservation to restoration (pdf)
- Proceedings of the CIM (Colloquio di Informatica Musicale), by the Italian Music Informatics Association (AIMI)